Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

autotext on OS 6 and 7 devices not restored on BES upon activation

I have had this issue with my Torch for a year and some of my friends do too.

I have heard that it is also an issue with Desktop Manager.

Yes I know it is now called word substitution and that may be the reason, but you would expect it to work.

Do you have the same issue?

Please post your findings.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: 9700

Re: autotext on OS 6 and 7 devices not restored on BES upon activation

I experience something similar using the Full BES v5, however, I first thought, this is because of the *painful* transition from OS5 to OS6. 

When I updated my 9700 from OS5 to 6, everytime I switched the device or, made a new activation, most of my autotext customizations where lost.

I cant remember exactly what happend, because I am now back at OS5, but, I think, I remember that things I added to the autotext database are lost if you activate again with a new or the same device, but, things you changed where sucessfully restored.

In addition:

Also some of your  BBMaps favourite placemarks are lost if you "upgrade" to OS6

If you used BBMaps and, organized your favourite locations in subfolders of the favourites, all the locations in the subfolders are lost, when you "update" from OS5 to OS6, because OS6 BBMaps does not know about subfolders in the favourites.

The only workaround is to upgrade to OS5 again, move them, then, again "upgrade" to OS6