Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

bb stops working for users moved to a new Exchange 2007 server.

We have 2 new Exchange 2007 servers that when you move a mailbox to them, the blackberry server stops talking to them.  When you create a new mailbox directly on the server, it works fine.

IEMSTest comes back with OpenMsgStore failed (8004011d) for the moved mailboxes but succeeds with the new mailboxes.

If we move the mailboxes back to a server (2003 or 2007) that is working, they start working with no issues.

We opened the moved mailbox successfully with the bb admin account using outlook so the security is setup correctly.

We have checked the mapi/cdo and they are both running the same as the BB server.

We have run the handhelpcleanup -u with no success.

We are running rollup 6 on our Exchange 2007 servers and our BES is at 4.1.6.  Both the mailbox servers and the BB servers have been restarted.

I've seen other posts that are similar with a solution of building a new BB server, that is not an option as we have too many users that are working just fine.

Any help would be much appreciated!

New Contributor

Re: bb stops working for users moved to a new Exchange 2007 server.

----Updated Information----

One thing we just discovered was that if the account was created directly on an exchange 2007 server anywhere in our organization and transferred to one of the servers we are having issues with, it works perfectly.

If the account was created on an 2003 exchange server and moved to one of these two exchange 2007 servers they are failing but if moved to any of the existing 2007 servers they are fine.

i.e.

testuser created on 2003 exchange works fine

moved to problem 2007 server - stops working

moved to existing 2007 server - works fine

example 2

testuser create on 2007 server (any including the ones we have problems with)  - works fine

moved to other 2007 server, still works

moved to problem server - still works

What we have noticed when the account moves from 2003 to 2007, it keeps it's exchange Admin group of the 2003 server.  This has never been an issue in the past as we have moved over 20000 accounts between 2003 and 2007 and they all have kept that 2003 exchange admin group and still worked with the BES on the existing servers.  These are the first 2 servers that we have seen this with.

New Contributor

We found the solution to this with some help from blackberry and microsoft.  The blackberry servers could not resolve the short names of the servers.  MAPI apparently needs the short name to contact the mailbox servers.  As a temp fix we updated the local host file and it's working perfectly.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Interesting problem, and kudos to you for sharing the fix.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Good info

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!