Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
Davy007
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: proximus

dmss for blackberry

Guys,

Little problem :smileyhappy:

Our company's director has a second company and let someone install some camera's and a dvr.

This dvr is approchable from the internet to view the recorded videos and live streaming. This is al working correctly.

He wants to view this live stream from his blackberry and there is the problem.

They installed a program called dmss on his blackberry and configured it. But this did not work. I get the following error instantly :  "no network connection"

I run a blackberry enterprise server 4.1 behind a firewall with a proxy server. I configured the proxy server and firewall so that the blackberry server has unrestricted access to the internet but it is still not working. I contacted the company who installed the dvr and they told me that it uses TCP port 37777 and 554. So I double check that these ports where not blocked.

At last I configure the carrier's APN in the blackberry device and it worked no problem. But I don't have a subscription to use this APN so i can get a little expensive.

So my question is : Can i get this working over the BES server?

Please use plain text.
chucki21
My Device: 9700

Re: dmss for blackberry

Hello

Sorry but my enghlish is bad but i have blackberry 9700 with a problem with DMSS.

I connect DVR using DMSS forwardind 37777 and 544 on router, i have connection but i don't have image.

Buffering mesages appears with  black screen and then immediately STOP and nothing.

What's causing that

Please use plain text.
Contributor
varunsain
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone India

BES users are not authorized to stream data via BES network!

Well, I finally got a solution to the CCTV DMSS problem! 

Firstly, to access DMSS on BlackBerry, you require the APN settings > Options > Device > Advanced > TCP/IP. Enable APN. 

BlackBerry network does not allow you to access video streaming, hence you will require the APN settings for your local carrier based internet (for non-BlackBerry users). Eg. Vodafone BlackBerry APN is 'blackberry.net' however, DMSS can only be accessed once APN is set to 'www' which is APN for Vodafone Mobile Connect (note: this is the internet service for iPhone, Nokia, Samsung). This will allow you to stream DMSS via mobile network internet (provided through carrier and not RIM). 

This is chargeable separately as in not included within the BlackBerry internet plan (BIS/BES). 

Secondly, in you DVR Settings (Settings > Network > Extra Stream) make sure you have the 'Extra stream' or a secondary low stream feature enabled which provides phone compatible streaming as secondary option. Without this you will face errors even though you are connected to the system. 

Amazing BlackBerry 10
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PANGSIOWNGOH
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: STARHUB

Can teach step by step??

Thanks you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PANGSIOWNGOH
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: STARHUB

Hi,
I have installed DMSS into my BB... and able to login ..
however when i select the device e.g. cam 1.. wait quite long time, then the screen appear "Error"...
Can i know what is the problem??
FYI, i have enabled APN.
Please use plain text.