Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

pperrella

does BES conflict with any other software?

I'm getting ready to install BES and the server I plan on using meets the prerequisites but I can't find info on whether BES can co-exist with other software.  I want to install on a server that is already running some web based apps with IIS.

The instructions say you have to log onto the machine using the admin account that you create.  To me this implies they want a seperate box.

Thanks,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Re: does BES conflict with any other software?

You can put BES on a machine running IIS.  That said, by default MDS-CS (allows you to do web browsing from the HH through the BES, along with other MDS functions) uses port 8080; so be aware of that.

I wouldn't recommend installing it on a web server, but I would do it before installing on a domain controller or an Exchange server.

I'm assuming here that you're installing BES for Exchange ... that said, you need to have an AD account for the BES to run as ... such as BESAdmin.  When you login as BESAdmin and the installation ensues, the services are configured to run as BESAdmin; hence the requirement to login as BESAdmin.  The Install Guide will detail all the requirements; I highly recommend printing it out and having for a reference when you're going through the installation.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.