Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
andada24
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

email not populating redirected folders

I just created a new user and had them run enterprise activation on their phone, but none of their emails are getting redirected to the folders beneath the inbox. I've enabled folder redirection on the server but not sure if existing mails should populate these folders. Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: email not populating redirected folders

follow the 3 KB below and reactivate device

KB11632 - How to increase the number of email messages sent to a BlackBerry smartphone during the en...

If using the same PIN upon activation look at this KB

KB04713 - Enable message prepopulation for all users on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server

For subfolders you have to enable them first.

KB11434 - No messages are displayed in subfolders following enterprise activation

and for older ones that wont prepopulate here are some tricks.

In the BlackBerry smartphone user's mailbox, create a subfolder of the Inbox called Recover.
Drag the email messages to be restored to the Recover folder.
On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Messages.
Click Search.
Set the Search Type to Remote.
Set the Service to Desktop.
Set the Folder to Recover.
Press the Menu key and click Search.
While viewing the search results, press the Menu key.
Click Add All.
The message headers for the email messages will be added to the message list on the BlackBerry smartphone.

or

• In the search results, highlight a message.

• Press the Menukey.

• To view more available search results, click Get More Results.

• To add the message that you highlighted to your message inbox, click Add.

• To add all the messages from the search results to your message inbox, click Add All.

• To delete the search results, click Delete Search.

• To start a new search, click Search by.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andada24
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

Will increasing the message prepopulation count also prepopulate the folders under the inbox or will these still only populate with new mail?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

andada24 wrote:

Will increasing the message prepopulation count also prepopulate the folders under the inbox or will these still only populate with new mail?

for new mails, but if you do all 3 mantioned above and activate they willl come in by your prepopulation settings

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.