Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lordasb
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

folder's contents not showing on bb8820 from a bes server/ exchange 2003 server setup

my normal email works, internet and 99% of the functions work great but my one issue is that my folders i set up in my inbox are not showing up on my bb handset.

example

inbox

------ramasys

------microsoft

------1_dbe

------1_primaryschools

-------1_martin

as you can see i have it working the past, all the folders of which ramasys and microsoft are just a few dont have a 1_ these 1_ where made 4 months ago and worked for a few months till these failed last month after being away on honeymoon, at which point the bb handset lost power and had to be charged from afresh. but still not showing the folders contents - i have disconnected the handset from the server and reconnected.

please help

thanks

andy

i have just factory reset and reconnected the handset to the bez server, and while the folders have been downloaded to the handset via orange uk or the wireless 54mb connection we have in the office.

the folders are presently empty, i do have rules which would move emails from martin to the martin folder but i never know on the handset that the folder has new emails or tha

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: folder's contents not showing on bb8820 from a bes server/ exchange 2003 server setup

KB04297 - Turn on Folder Redirection for the subfolders that receive new email messages

Procedure

In BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0, folders on the messaging application that receive and send email messages are set to forward email messages to the BlackBerry smartphone by default.

In BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 3.6, only the folder of the messaging application that receives new email messages is set to forward email messages to the BlackBerry smartphone by default.

Folder redirection can be configured from BlackBerry® Desktop Manager or from the BlackBerry smartphone.

To turn on folder redirection for the subfolders that receive new email messages, complete the following steps.

Note: The settings only apply to email messages received after the folder redirection changes have been saved.

Option 1: Set up folder redirection from the BlackBerry smartphone

Folder redirection setup on the BlackBerry smartphone requires BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0 and later.

1. From the Home screen, go to Messages.
   2. Display the menu and select Options > Email Settings.
   3. Display the menu and select Folder Redirection.
   4. In the Folder Redirection menu, expand the Mailbox by highlighting it, displaying the menu and selecting Expand.
   5. Under the Mailbox, expand the folder that receives email messages by highlighting it, displaying the menu and selecting Expand.
   6. Highlight the folder for which you want to turn on redirection. Display the menu and select Change Option.

Note: If Expand cannot be selected for any of the folders, or if the Change Option menu option is unavailable, turn Wireless Reconcile on the BlackBerry smartphone off and then on again. Wireless Reconcile is found by going to Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation.
   7. Display the menu and select Save to save the changes. New email messages that are filtered to the subfolder will now appear on the BlackBerry smartphone in a subfolder of the same name. Existing email messages from the subfolder will not reconcile and synchronize to the BlackBerry smartphone subfolder.

Option 2a: Set up folder redirection from BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.0 and 4.1

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Redirector Settings.
   2. Select the Advanced tab. In the Folder redirection section, select the Selected folders option. Click Choose Folders (see the following image).

3. Expand the folder that receives new email messages in the Choose Folders window.
   4. Select the folder that receives new email messages and any additional folders for which redirection is to be turned on. Click OK to close the open windows.

Option 2b: Set up folder redirection from BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2 or higher

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Double-click Email Settings.
   2. Select the Advanced tab. In the Folder redirection section, select the Selected folders option. Click Choose Folders.
   3. Expand the folder that receives new email messages in the Choose Folders window.
   4. Select the folder that receives new email messages and any additional folders for which redirection is to be turned on. Click OK to close the open windows.

Option 3a: Set up from BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0

Note: Folder redirection is not available in BlackBerry Manager Console in BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 for IBM Lotus Domino

1. In BlackBerry Manager, right-click on a BlackBerry smartphone user's name, then click Properties.
   2. Select the Redirection tab.
   3. Select the Selected Folders option and then click Choose Folders.
   4. Expand the folder that receives new email messages in the Choose Folders window.
   5. Select the folder that receives new email messages and any additional folders for which redirection is to be turned on.
   6. Click OK to close the Choose Folders window.
   7. Click OK again.

Option 3b: Set up from BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1

1. Open BlackBerry Manager.
   2. Select the server in the left hand pane.
   3. Go to User > Service Access > Choose Folders.
   4. Select the folders to redirect to the BlackBerry smartphone.
   5. Select the folders and subfolders that are to be redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone.
   6. Place a check mark by the appropriate folders for which redirection is to be turned on.
   7. Click OK.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
lordasb

Re: folder's contents not showing on bb8820 from a bes server/ exchange 2003 server setup

thanks for the info

did the bit on the handset. and it seams to work :-)

many thanks

andy

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Glad to hear :smileyhappy:
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
KaLin