03-08-2013 05:02 AM
Where I work we deploy blackberrys to most users.
All users generally have Curve 9320 devices and we also run blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0.3.
User can browse to stand http website but when they try to browse tio a secure website (https) they recieve this error (i'll use google mail as an example):
Connection Timed Out
This message comes up after about 30 seconds. I can't find anything in the IT policy on the bes that could be causing this issue and it seems to happen on all https sites.
Thanks in advance for your help.
03-08-2013 05:40 AM
03-08-2013 06:14 AM
Hi, Thanks for replying.
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26423 was already set.
So I configured the IT policy to have the settings as displayed here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27977 but now I get an error the says: The selected ser returned an error attempting to fulfil your request when going to an https site.
03-12-2013 06:52 AM
Just an update:
I create a completly blank IT policy and assigned that to my blackberry. With that I could get to HTTPS sites.
So that would indicate to me it is an issue in the existing IT policy. The problem is I can't figure out which one!
Has any one got any suggestions?
I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700
03-15-2013 04:32 PM
we dont know what you have enabled
maybe time to put them side by side and drill through them to find out why
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V
03-18-2013 05:40 AM
I've sorted it.
I created a blank policy and tested literally every setting one by one.
I found 3 settings that caused the issue:
- on the device only tab - If enable wap config was set to no then the time out error occured so I set it to yes.
- On the Service Exclusivity tab - Allow other browser services was set to no. this also caused the time out issue so I set it to yes.
- On the TLS application tab - TLS Restrict FIPS Ciphers was set to yes - this also caused the timeout issue. So I set it to no.
I'm not sure why a couple of these caused the issue but they did. Its all working now.