Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
ofitoussi
My Device: Curve

mail delivery problems with BES 5.0.3 for selected users in patches.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Problem on 5.0.4 espress.

I fix the Id agent but but nothing change.

It is necessary to restart services or kill a process ?

Thx for your help.

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Intermittent mail delivery problems with BES 5.0.3 for selected users in patches.

I would put on user a static agent and check logs for more details

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

to isolate an affected user on a static messaging agent , then look for the MAGT log for that agent (while trying to send/receive messages). The format you'll be looking for is:

BESName_MAGT_##_yyyymmdd_####.txt

Where the first pair of digits are the Agent ID you set.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
ofitoussi

Re: Intermittent mail delivery problems with BES 5.0.3 for selected users in patches.

Hi,

Thank you for your repsponse.

When i fix ID Agent, i got this error in event viewer :

BlackBerry Controller 20406 :

agent 223: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours, next restart on Tue Jun 18 17:20:40 2013.

Most users do not receive their messages in push mode but in packet every 1 or 2 hours.

I notice also many event :

BlackBerry Controller 20000.

In log file, i notice many entry like that : {user mail} Queuing new mail through notification (external, busy). EntryId=

Sorry for my english and thank you in advance.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

New Contributor
ofitoussi

I re apply all the kb, but everything is ok.

Here, the result of the IEMSTest.exe :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Utility>IEMSTest.exe
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Utility - IEMSTest.exe (IExchangeManageStore), Version 1.0
Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved.
Opening Default Message Store besadmin

AD User: Opening message store using
        /o=Organisation/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=dba99ea998e742f1b64c4ca0d2a07722-AD User
        /o=Organisation/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=694669a3-944b-40c5-9b2c-7dbe
ef24e8f0@cosfibelgroup.com/cn=Microsoft Private MDB
AD User: Mailbox opened successfully
AD User: Root Folder opened successfully
AD User: Folder created successfully
AD User: Test folder deleted successfully
AD User: MAPI test completed successfully
AD User: CDO Server Name: 694669a3-944b-40c5-9b2c-7dbeef24e8f0@cosfibelgroup.com
AD User: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=Organisation/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=dba99ea998e742f1b6
4c4ca0d2a07722-AD User
AD User: CDO logon successful
AD User: CDO COM exception: Code = 80040705, WCode = 0505, Code meaning = IDispatch error #1285
    Description = ╔chec de la tentative de connexion Ó l'ordinateur Microsoft Exchange Server. [Banque d'informations de Microsoft
 Exchange Server - [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]].
AD User: CDO test failed
AD User: Active Directory permissions test completed successfully
AD User: Initializing EWS Proxy... successful
AD User: Configuring User... successful
AD User: EWS calendar find request... successful

Last week, everithing was ok, mails were delivered fine.

Thx

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)

Looks like user is in the temp group used for migration to new mail server or user was removed and added back in

see here for a possible fix

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16459

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
ofitoussi

It's not a migration. It's a fresh install and users wre previously on MDaemon.

Some devices were resetted but most not.

The Exchange server is 2013 CU1.

A user who not received mail from 9h30AM juste begin to receive at 10PM. One production day without BB.

I don't understand. Have you another ideas plz ?

Thx you in advance.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

search 80040705

Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC

New Contributor
ofitoussi

Hi,

Finaly, i call BB support and open a case.

The problem was the mapi profile whos was probably corrupted. Delete the registry key then recreate the mapi profile.

Restart BB services then it's ok.

Thank you very much for your help