Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sraimondo
My Device: 8330 curve
Accepted Solution

messages not received on blackberry if outlook rule automatically moves the message to subfolder of inbox

Using Exchange 2010 SP1 with BES 5 and outlook 2003, 2007, 2010.  when a user creates an outlook rule that automatically moves received messages (from a particular address for example) from the inbox to a subfolder of the inbox, the message does not get delivered to the blackberry.  If the message is manually moved to the subfolder, it does.  Is this a design limitation or is there a fix for this ?  (interestingly if the rule is configured to also mark the message as read, it will go to the blackberry, but unfortunately when you change the rule that way, outlook says it is a client side rule and only runs when outlook is running so thats not a good worka round)

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: messages not received on blackberry if outlook rule automatically moves the message to subfolder of inbox

If auto marked read then the device will hide read messages if that option is choosen.

did you enable the redirection of that fodler?

How to configure folder redirection to receive email messages delivered to folders other than the Inbox
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04297

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
manisharora
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: messages not received on blackberry if outlook rule automatically moves the message to subfolder of inbox

Thanks it really helped and also it's awesome as the mails from other folder have a folder icon besides them
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad it helped

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
manisharora
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

i searched a lot but couldnt find the option "Accept as Solution" so only clicked thanks

could you help me on that one too :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Is an icon in the thread you click on.

Please use plain text.