Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

drock
My Device: Not Specified

multiple enterprise activations per device

I've tried searching the board for this answer; I've tried verizon wireless tech support; and I've been on hold with RIM for an hour and ten minutes so far this morning so I thought I'd try my luck with the board. If this has been answered before, I apologize for the repeat; please paste the link to where its been answered. Thanks in advance!

1.) I have the Bberry curve 8330. I currently use 4 personal accounts with no problem. My day job has an enterprise activation available and I also own a liberty tax service franchise and they offer an enterprise activation. Can you setup multiple enterprise activations like you can setup multiple personal accounts?

2.) The IT guy at my day job warned me that the enterprise activation has the potential to wipe out my existing personal contacts and calendar. Is this true? Is it possible to do an enterprise activation for email only? I currently sync my personal calendar through a usb cable, the desktop software and outlook on my personal laptop - if there are events in my enterprise calendar, will they merge into my existing calendar or overwrite the entries? I also have the same question about my contacts...

Let me know if you need additional information to assist. Thank you in advance!!

-dave

Please use plain text.
Developer
kerseyr
My Device: 8900

Re: multiple enterprise activations per device

No it is not possible to have 1 device activated against 2 BES.

You could activate against one BES and then use your device (depending on carrier I think) to access other mailboxes via the BIS service.

You would need to get the mail administrator to open up POP or IMAP ports on the mail server.

I have not wiped a device before and then activated it against another user account and it has added all my Calendar items into the other users calendar. Right old mess!

1 device = 1 BES.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: multiple enterprise activations per device

Activating two BES accounts can be done by renaming the service books of the first account and then activating the second account.

Only one account can have PIM sync though. This will not work on lastest releases of BES IIRC.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.