Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
questionsquestions
My Device: bold 9900
Accepted Solution

setting up BES account on the 9900

Hi, I am simply trying to set up my BES account on this new 9900 and it doesnt seem to give me the option.

on the old Javelin it used to give an option of either setting up an email account or setting up a BES account. the 9900 just gives the option of setting up an email account.

Please can anyone help..... I have 26 hours left !

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: setting up BES account on the 9900

26 hours left for what?

For your BES account, do you have an activation password from your BES Admin?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
questionsquestions

Hi, I jest, a bit... My systems chappy has given me activation codes etc and it lasts for 48 hours. He can just set up a new one if I miss the cut off but more likely.. if it takes me that long to get this **bleep** thing set up .. I will probably hang myself. 

New Contributor
questionsquestions

I cant even get past the first post though... there doesn't seem to be an option to set up BES account. If I put in the email and password in as if it were a normal email account (gmail or something like that) it rejects it and then offers the option of putting in my own settings... I can select email or outlook exchange email (which BES is neither) !!?
JSanders

Use the Outlook exchange mail option.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
questionsquestions

used Blackberry desktop software to swap the account from the old phone to the new one. Device - device options - enterprise mail.... seems to work.

thanks for your help
JSanders

Ah, good. I didn't know you hadn't switch the account over yet, maybe I should have thought of that.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
Torched
My Device: Torch 9800

Next time try going to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Enterprise Activation if you don't happen to have Desktop Software handy at the time. At least this is the way it works on 6.0. I wouldn't think they would change that part from 6 to 7.

New Contributor
questionsquestions

Yes... that looks like that would have worked too. The Enterprise Activation option is not availible but that is probably because it has already been activated. However the 'Advanced System Settings' option is subtitled 'Enterprise Activation...' 

Great ... thanks for all your help.

I called Vodafone a few times to ask them where the option was to set up Enterprise and they freaked out on every occasion. One was panicking so much he couldn't get his words out. One gave me a number for Blackberry (pay for number) who kept me on hold for ages while they consulted with colleagues and then gave me a reference number and said there was no information on there system about that at the moment so they couldn't help me ... maybe ring back in a few weeks!? One lady started getting all defensive and telling me that I had the wrong account and i needed to have a business account (which incidentally I already have) to access that kind of stuff. She suggested that I might want to pay them £30 and have them set it up for me. Another said I would have to get my network company to do it all because it would be far too complicated for me!

All they had to do was tell me Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Enterprise Activation!

Yikes!... surely this is the most basic stuff? BES is Blackberrys own... Blackberry is kind of a business tool... come on you guys. You're scaring me.

Regular Contributor
Torched
My Device: Torch 9800

Haha, I love how people freak out about BES activations. It is too easy as long as everything is straight on the server. I'm glad you got everything working though.