Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: sub-folders under MS Outlook's Contacts won't sync

KB13480 - How to synchronize a subfolder using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Did not mention multiple subfolders, maybe it can help a bit.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Subfolders of the contacts folder can be done wirelessly. The only catch is that they all get dumped into the address book on the device at the same level. There are no subfolders on the device. This is a moot point since we're not dealing with a BES this time.

You can definitely configure Desktop Manager to sync with subfolders. If you're using Desktop Manager 4.3 or later, try this:

- Open the Desktop Manager

- Click Synchronize

- On the left side, click Synchronization

- Click the Synchronization button

- Click the Advanced button

- Click the Address Book tab at the top

- Click the Map Folder button

- Expand your Contacts folder and add any subfolders you wish to sync

- You can also click the "Include subfolders" checkbox instead of manually adding all of the subfolders

Remember, when going from Outlook to the device, everything will sync to the same address book on the device. If you're synching from the device to Outlook, the contacts will go into the folder that is bolded (the Default folder)

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Ok he will have to sync 15 times if he has 14 subfolders.

Or maybe use categories and keep them all in one folder.

You can filter by category on the device and also sort by category in outlook.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V