If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jrooprai
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: t mobile

uninstall and reinstall BES 5.0.4 on the same server

Hi Guys,

We been having issues with logging in the BES admin console for the last few days now with a error of:

"The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry."

I have tried everything that has been posted on this forum and had no luck.

if i was to uninstall and reinstall the BES software on the same server would this resolve the issue stated above and if so what would i need to do.

Thanks

J

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: uninstall and reinstall BES 5.0.4 on the same server

I have done this many times and its really just as easy as uninstall and reinstall.

Always have a full system back up or snap shot done prior though

All data is backed up in the database with exception of files used to push apps which by default is not in the install folder.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jrooprai
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: t mobile

[ Edited ]

Hi Knottyrope,

Thanks for the reply, the next questions are, will this resolve the issue of not being able to log into the bes and can I use the latest verison of bes on the reinstallation?

If the reinstallation of the software does not resolve the issue can a BES database restore from a known working backup help?

Thanks

J

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

issue with BAS should not be related to database, a reinstall usually fixes most issues

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.