Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
PIERREAlain
My Device: Bold 9700

Activation error : Still handled by desktop

Dear all,

We are an organization which uses Bes Express since about 1 year without any problem. We currently have approximately 30 Blackberry users.

I said "without any problem" till now !

One user had to change his Blackberry and of course, I had to reactivate his account on his new BB. All activations are done wirelessly.

Here is a snapshot of MAGT log :

[40239] (04/13 09:54:45.644):{0x1B18} {user@domain.com} Still handled by desktop
[30160] (04/13 09:54:45.644):{0x1B18}
{user@domain.com} GetDeviceId() did not return a PIN, PIN currently is not set for this user
[40442] (04/13 09:54:45.644):{0x1B18} User settings:
email=user@domain.com, routing=user@domain.com, service=, device=, calendar=1, MDS=1, userOTAFM=0, incradle=0, SMIME=0, sentItems=0, dir=user, server=SEXC02 (session : 0x028d3168)
[40845] (04/13 09:54:45.660):{0xDE4}
{user@domain.com} SetPIMState - Registering for PIM synchronization (bState=1, bRet=1)
[30416] (04/13 09:54:45.660):{0xDE4}
{user@domain.com} Established session with PIM Connector
[40799] (04/13 09:54:45.660):{0xDE4}
{user@domain.com} Processed request from PIM Connector: cmd=0x5, Tag=302002
[40279] (04/13 09:54:45.660):{0xDE4}
{user@domain.com} SubmitToRelaySendQ, Tag=302002
[40000] (04/13 09:54:45.660):{0x1574} [BIPP] Send status DATA_ACCEPTED, Tag=302002
[45050] (04/13 09:54:45.660):{0x14F8} DBNS: DbObject=200 by [MAGT]

I checked several forums and tried proposed suggestions :

- deletion and recreation of user in BES : done without success. Same errors !
- check of the presence of BlackberryHandeldInfo with MFCMapi : such folder doesn't exist !
- used of "Alt sync" on activation screen : doesn't work on Blackberry Bold 9700 !
- Change of email address on same mailbox to try activation with new email : same problem !

I suppose something wrong resides in user mailbox but I can't find what.

That wrong thing seems to require synchronisation to be made only with desktop software and not wirelessly.

Could anyone tell me how to force activation to be made without any desktop software ?

Thanks

Alain.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Activation error : Still handled by desktop

user might have installed Desktop manager in BIS/personal mode.

uninstall it, re install in correct mode.

Did the data plan change? Did he get the registration email?

If you make changes in AD, you need to restart the store service on BES as it will keep a cached record for 24 hours.

There is no need in most cases (99% of the time) to ever delete a user fom BES.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
PIERREAlain

I suppose you are right about Desktop Manager.

User has installed Desktop Software and I'm not sur of the usage he made with it.

Data plan never changed.

Finally, I was able to complete activation but this operation could only be made thru a new installation of Software Desktop.

Impossible to activate wirelessly.

I suppose a flag resides somewhere in user mailbox but I don't know how to clear it.

I suppose it's possible to clear it with MFCMapi but I should know which one.

Alain.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

good to know you have it activated now

the device has a setting on it that is causing the still handled by desktop, MFCMAPI wont help you since the device was never connected.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
PIERREAlain

I'm not sure about the setting on the device.

I tried to activate the same account on another device which gave me the same problem.

I've also created a new BES account with same mailbox which gave me same result.

Hence, I was possible to activate another BES account associated with another mailbox on those devices !

It was the reason why I suppose the common thing of those devices is not the BES account itself nor the device but the user mailbox !

Alain.