Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jdltek
My Device: Not Specified

Acvtivation issues with new BPS Installation

I installed a new BPS server and added a 10 user cal to the system for a total of 11 users.  I added a user and did an enterprise activation successfully, but when I added another user they get stuck on Activating.  It does not even proceed.... it just says activating.  I figured it might be an issue with the phone or user so I tried again with two more users with different phones and they also got stuck on activating.  I am told that these phones have full data plans on them.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  The first user I setup is working fine.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with the license..... I find it odd that one works and anything I try to add after that doesn't.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Acvtivation issues with new BPS Installation

Is there anything in the BPS logs?

Located near here

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Re: Acvtivation issues with new BPS Installation

If you add a user to BPS and take a look at the Application logs in the Event viewer, you should see an Information event from the BlackBerry Messaging Agent indicating that the user has been added. This tells you (among other things) the user's mailbox is being monitored correctly.

I would still not rule out the possibility of the Enterprise service missing from the other users' devices. If you would like to PM me one of the PINs I can check it out for you.