Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Adding additional Exchange 2003 Server to Existing BESX5

Our current setup is Server A Exchange 2003 with BESX 5 on server A

We have added Server B with Exchange 2003 (in the same administrative group)

We are moving mailboxes from Server A to Server B

If we move a mailbox from server A to server B for a blackberry user, will the blackberry still work.

I would like to avoid having to reactivate devices  if possible, and due to the size of the mailboxes we are having to move them a few at a time, so I am trying to keep all the BB users operational  whilst we move the mailboxes, so this means some bb user will be on server A and some on Server B.

Or do we need to install a BESX5 on the SeverB as well, at some point we intend to remove Exchange from ServerA

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Adding additional Exchange 2003 Server to Existing BESX5

bitmfh wrote:

Our current setup is Server A Exchange 2003 with BESX 5 on server A

We have added Server B with Exchange 2003 (in the same administrative group)

We are moving mailboxes from Server A to Server B

If we move a mailbox from server A to server B for a blackberry user, will the blackberry still work.

I would like to avoid having to reactivate devices  if possible, and due to the size of the mailboxes we are having to move them a few at a time, so I am trying to keep all the BB users operational  whilst we move the mailboxes, so this means some bb user will be on server A and some on Server B.

Or do we need to install a BESX5 on the SeverB as well, at some point we intend to remove Exchange from ServerA

you need to apply permission to the store prior to moving mailboxes and teh BESadmin serive account will need to move over to teh new server at some point.

run this test on the affected user

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/25747/Verify_Win_account_access_to_Exchange_usrs_61...

Double check permission according to this

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

KB15582 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server might not work correctly in Microsoft Exchange environments w...

What is the BESAdmin service account?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks knottyrope, that all worked.  

So we now have all our mailboxes on Server B and the BESX5 is still on Sever A and the Blackberrys all work, without any reactivation..

We are considering decommision Server A so If we wanted to move the BESX5 onto Server B or possibly Server C, Is there a way we can do this without  having to reactivate devices.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

bitmfh wrote:

Thanks knottyrope, that all worked.  

So we now have all our mailboxes on Server B and the BESX5 is still on Sever A and the Blackberrys all work, without any reactivation..

We are considering decommision Server A so If we wanted to move the BESX5 onto Server B or possibly Server C, Is there a way we can do this without  having to reactivate devices.

yes you can use transporter to move the users over and will not require an activation

So install new BES 5 Express (free)  and once working and tested start moving users over.

BRK is here for transporter

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=D736BB10D83A904AEFC1D6CE93DC54B8

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Thanks, when I install the new BES5 do I need to get a new SRP ID, SRP authentication Key,CAL ID and CAL Authentication key, or use the same ones from the install of the original BESX (if that is even possible?)

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

bitmfh wrote:

Thanks, when I install the new BES5 do I need to get a new SRP ID, SRP authentication Key,CAL ID and CAL Authentication key, or use the same ones from the install of the original BESX (if that is even possible?)

Thanks

you cant use the same one twice, it will get locked out

BES 5 express is free any ways so just order a new free one.