Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
ev8199
My Device: Not Specified

Address Books and Global Address book in Exchange

Hi.  We are running MS Exchange 2000 (I know...we are working on upgrading) and BPS 4.1.4.15.  I read a post that said the global address book for Notes could be seen on the device.  I was wondering if this is so, does it show up on Exchange and how do you make it happen.  Also, when using the desktop software sinc, I was able to connect my personal contacts list and our corporate public folder contact list and sinc them.  Is this a possibility?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Address Books and Global Address book in Exchange

ev8199 wrote:

Hi.  We are running MS Exchange 2000 (I know...we are working on upgrading) and BPS 4.1.4.15.  I read a post that said the global address book for Notes could be seen on the device.  I was wondering if this is so, does it show up on Exchange and how do you make it happen.  Also, when using the desktop software sinc, I was able to connect my personal contacts list and our corporate public folder contact list and sinc them.  Is this a possibility?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

You cannot natively store the GAL on the BlackBerry handheld.  You can use the search function to find a user in the GAL however.  You cannot natively sync public folder data or personal contacts; only ones in your mailbox

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/