Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jpc0706
My Device: Not Specified

Address List Segregation

I'm trying to setup BB Professional so that I can have two or more isolated sets of users, different companies if you will.  We are using Exchange Server 2007 and I have separated the Global Address Lists and Address Lists for each company and that all works very well when using Outlook/OWA.  The missing piece is restricting Company 1 to only be able to lookup Company1 people/addresses while performing a lookup from the BB device.  Similarly, I want Company 2 to only be able to lookup Company 2 people/addresses.  For the most part, this works by following the instructions provided in the BES manual (p. 57 of PDF).  I’m performing a search based on a custom LDAP field (extensionattribute1).  This works fine for users but I’m having trouble with the group lookups, it doesn't work.  The support on this product is not very good and I’ve hit a brick wall.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks,JPC

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Address List Segregation

I'm betting it is a limitation of the product; whereas it only does lookups on users and not just the extensionattribute1 ... worth a call to T-Support.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jpc0706

Thank you, Andy.  Do you know if the full BES server supports this?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

If I were to guess ... BES probably has the same limitation.  I cannot confirm though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jpc0706

Thanks again for the reply. Lookups work fine until we force BBP to use the LDAP search.  I would think that group lookups are important in any organization and I would like to think that this ability exists and we're just overlooking something.  Do you know of any way to do what we're trying to do other than use the LDAP search?  Can we somehow set BBP to use the user account of the searching BlackBerry when searching AD instead of our BBP admin account we created?  This would solve so many issues. 
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

jpc0706 wrote:
Thanks again for the reply. Lookups work fine until we force BBP to use the LDAP search.  I would think that group lookups are important in any organization and I would like to think that this ability exists and we're just overlooking something.  Do you know of any way to do what we're trying to do other than use the LDAP search?  Can we somehow set BBP to use the user account of the searching BlackBerry when searching AD instead of our BBP admin account we created?  This would solve so many issues. 

I would think they are also important ... I also wouldn't assume it would work that way; hence the recommendation to call T-Support.

Please use plain text.