Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
rnapro
My Device: iPhone

Addressbook on BlackBerry

I am supporting a customer that has a hosted BES. It is working fine but we added a new user that had a BlackBerry prior to joining firm. We successfully connected it to the BES and we can sync calendar, contacts, and tasks. The issue is the contacts he already had on the phone do not sync to Outlook. On the BB it shows to seperate addressbooks.

How can I get these contacts moved over / synced to Outlook?

I appreciate the quick response and hope someone can help me!

New Contributor
rnapro

Re: Addressbook on BlackBerry

I see this forum is as helpful as BlackBerry support. No wonder I use an iPhone.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Good luck getting help on an iphone here. :smileywink:

Can you export them using desktop manager into outlook into a differnet folder than contacts and then import them into his contacts folder?

Backup the current contacts if you are unsure about where they will sync to.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
rnapro

The customer has found a backup of his contacts so we are going to try restoring that into his outlook. Hopefully it will get him most of the entries he had.

I di find out that his old method of syncing was another BES, which would have been helpful to know before connecting him to ours. Anyway, The desktop manager is not helpful since it know the device is connected to a BES. Thank you for at least responding.

I told my customer to get an iPhone. :smileyvery-happy: