If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Itsupport17
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

Attachments are not receiving when forwarded from blackberry

Hi, I am having an issue with aBlackberry. We are using the models blackberry Bolds of different types including the latest 9900 and the old 9000. It appears that all users (+10) are unable to forward an email with an attachment. When attempting to forward an email that contains an attachment, sometimes the text will be received but not the attached file. In many cases, the email won't be able to sent. The only way I have been able to work around this issue is by opening the attachment on the Blackberry then then forwarding it... Any ideas? I beleive, I am not the only one facing this issue. Tried google but no solution. We are using BES with blackberry Express. Thanks in advance. Michael.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Attachments are not receiving when forwarded from blackberry

How big is the attachment? it might be bigger than your max attachment size.

maybe lok at the logs to see if ther is an issue, start with MDAT or MAGT

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Itsupport17

I have checked the attachment options to check the attachment size in BES admin console. I have changed attachment size to 4mb and did a forwarding test. still the same result.

Also, found the 2 log files you have mentioned. The MAGT log file size is 28MB for the day which I have tested the forwarding. Its showing the message " GetFolderIDFormList No Folder ID in list for Entry ID> Ref ID=-254356998" and its same error messages with different numbers in the last.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

does teh user in question have the email still in teh inbox on the exchange server and not in a PST?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Itsupport17

All the users are having the same issue and all the blackberry users are in BES and using Mirosoft Exchange 2010. We are not using PST. User tried to make sure attachments can bee seen in the bottom of the mail, before forwarding. When we were using the BIS, this was possible. But after changing to BES either getting error message or receiver wont receive the attachment and only the email.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

have you rebooted the BES server?

are you forwarding with teh BES account on the device?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Itsupport17

Hi, I have restarted the server after changing the attachment size and tested forwarding from the blackberry. Unable to send the email and was showing only a Cross mark. Its seems now unbale to forward the attachment as the email are not sending. Only reply is working now.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

replies work but not with attachments is a bit odd, maybe best to call support now.

let us know what they find

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Please use plain text.