Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Non Blackberry user but support a lot of model
My Carrier: Swisscom
Accepted Solution

Auto check for new inbox subfolder

Hello RIM community and happy new year,

I checked on the forum but did not find a confirmation so I decide to ask you. Sorry if it was an existant subject.

We are using Blackberry Enterprise Server express 5.0.3.41 with default policy for most of the user/devices and running an MS Exchange 2010.

By default only "inbox" is forwarded to the device of the user, but for some specific user we allow access to Inbox subfolder.

To apply this, I edit Default mail configuration of the user and under "Redirection settings" I change "inbox" to "selected folder" and then I check the subfolder that I would like allow to be redirected.

More than "Sent Item" / "Junk Email" / "Deleted Item" and "inbox" I can also expand inbox to check subfolder.

I can also click on a little yellow button to "check all" the subfolder contained into "Inbox".

My problem is that if the user create new subfolder into inbox (or inbox subfolder) itdidn't check it automaticallly as "to be redirected" and the user can not see email in it on the Blackberry device. So I need to connect on the BES server again to check new subfolder each time they create new one.

Fortunately there is only few user allow to have access but I'm hopping finding a solution to do it automatically by changing default policy or finding the magic "check box" to automatically allow all inbox subfolder to be redirected at any time for choosen user.

Is someone that know if there is a solution to do this and if there is, how to configuire this ?

Hope my question is clear enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
IH Systems Technician

PS: Sorry for my english

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Auto check for new inbox subfolder

Its not possible to do that automatically.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

For subfolders you have to enable them first.

For more information on configuring folder redirection, see KB04297.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I was affraid to receive this answer  but with all my search I don't see any other.

Thanks for answer anyway Oliwer

New Contributor

Hello and Thanks Knottyrope.

The subfolder are enabled already on the device that need it. It's only that if a user create new subfolder in Outlook, They are not include on the redirection selection in the BES email configuration and need to be "checked" manually.

Regards

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hi InterHyve-

If you don't want to connect to server everytime then you may ask BlackBerry users to do it from their handheld.

New Contributor

Thanks for this second solution Unleashurself,

My client user are not too comfortable with procedure and manipulation on the device but it's good to know a second way to do it.

I'll certainly continue to do it manually but anyway I know it's because this is the only solution.

Regards
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

teach them how to redirect a new folder then, its not that hard with the supplied info above

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V