Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Auto More Feature . . .

Why don't you

• Backup on the Desktop Software
  • Do a Security Wipe (Options > Security > Security Wipe)
  • Then reactivate on the BES
  • Restore your data from the backup

and see what happens?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Osanchez
My Device: Bold 9900

I have done that already, before I started posting here. As a matter of fact, I did a small test right after wiping the device and before reactivating on the BESX: I set up a Gmail account and tested it with some long emails. The Gmail account worked perfectly; when I activated afterwards the device on the BESX, both the corporate account and the Gmail account had the glitch on performing the auto more feature.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

My "guess" then, (knowing Gmail worked perfectly before) that it's some setting or slowdown on the BES.

I've asked a friend to look this thread over.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Check your BES version number

1) Go to the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start > Run > appwiz.cpl )

2) Locate the reference to "BlackBerry Enterprise Server", select it and then click "Click here for support information.".

3) The publisher listed should be "Research In Motion" and the Version will be the exact version of BES currently installed.

Also you can learn more about the MR level with the bundle number too.

When was last time you rebooted BES? or at least restarted the attachment service?

Does you device have encryption enabled by BES? That will slow it down if enabled.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
Osanchez

Thanks for looking at this, Knottyrope. I am getting the info you requested from our IT people. In the meantime, let me come back to one of my previous thoughts: if I have been able to observe that the issue does not happen on other devices on our same server, but running BB OS 5 and 6, would this not point the finger at some glitch in BB OS 7.1? After all this testing, it is kind of obvious, isn't it? Are there any known issues with OS 7.1 concerning the performance of the "auto more" feature?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am upgrading to a new version as I type.

I have not noticed it on mine before, but will be sending some test emails on it soon.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I have not noticed any issue with auto more

have you restarted your attachment service and tried again?

Contributor
Osanchez

I have been in touch with our IT people and they said they would reboot the whole server; it is complicated to schedule because in our organization we have users at bothsides of the Atlantic Ocean. In the meantime, I have continued making tests and also got in touch with our cell provider, and I think I have narrowed it down to the following: 1. The glitch happens when connected through cell network (no problems whatsoever when doing it via WiFi, it works seamlessly and lightning fast; cell provider says there are no connectivity issues on their network). 2. It is related to 7.1 OS devices (other devices on our BESX server running 5.0 have no problems at all) and 3. It seems to be specifically related to our server (I have set up Gmail and Hotmail accounts right after a device wipe and they work fine; the problem comes around once the device gets activated on the BESX). I will let you know once we do our server reboot, meanwhile, one has to put up with this glitchy erratically funny performing Bold 9900! :smileysad:
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

When it happens can you try this please

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine that caused some weird stuff

Contributor
Osanchez

That is a good point! Just tried it, but CPU usage seems to be ok. I have no applications installed, other than those on the BB system (BBM, App World, etc.). I am not using social media nor weather apps, nor WhatsApp, etc. CPU is normally around 80-90% free, but I do see peaks when the auto more glitch happens: the CPU dedicated to applications would suddenly shoot to 30%, but only for the moment when the device is getting its act together. Then the next chunk of text shows up and CPU goes back to 5-15% dedicated to applications.