Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Auto More Feature . . .

can you compare with wifi on an off? just looking to see if maybe some thing is affecting it.

Do you use compression or encryption?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
Osanchez
My Device: Bold 9900

Do you mean WiFi in addition to cell connection? what I have tried is one or the other, alone. Cell connection produces the glitch; WiFi does not. I do not know if our server does compression or encryption, waiting to hear back from our IT team. Is there a way to find out on the device, or on the web desktop manager?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

Device encryption will slow it down if enabled on BES or the device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
Osanchez

Hi again, Knottyrope! Well, the IT people at our data center is taking a while to send in the info you requested concerning our server. In the meantime, I went back to my old BB9300 (OS6), activated it on our BESX and been using it for a couple of days. The glitch is simply not here, the auto more feature works perfectly all the time, which supports my theory that it is an OS7.1 related problem, or more precisely, OS7.1 combined with our BESX server. Does that make any sense to you?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

It could be a possibilty, does it work fine on OS 7.0?

Contributor
Osanchez

I did not try it on 7.0, only on 7.1
Contributor
Osanchez

Hi again! I got feedback from our IT people, and some more news for you: - Disabling compression on the device does not solve the problem. - BESX version number: 5.0.2 - BESX bundle number: 14 - BESX server is being rebooted daily these days due to changes in our Exchange setup; normally it gets rebooted every week. - Encryption is not enabled on BESX. Our engineers will soon update our server to the newest version available; in the meantime, the glitch persists, even though I have recently updated my device to version 7.1.0.523 (released just a few days ago)
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

SP2 which you are on is over a year old. I hope when you apply Service Pack 3 there will be better results as it contains many updates

New Contributor
Jrosolan
My Device: Bold 9700

I am pleased to find this thread. I have an executive who has this exact problem (I'm in IT). She hates this model and I am trying to get her back on the 9700 device.  

I will check our SP level on the BE Server as well. Seems SP3 should be considered.  

Contributor
Osanchez

Re: AutoMore not working on BESx

We recently updated our server and that seems to have corrected this problem. I am now roaming, in a different continent than my usual place of residence, but so far it is working like a charm. Don't give up on the Bold 9900, it is a great device!