Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: NTT Docomo

Re: AutoMore not working on BESx

Thanks Oscar.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Spain

Here I go again, after confirming that the glitch persists, even after upgrading our BESX server to version 5.0.3.41.

When I wrote my last post, the server had just been upgraded, the situation seemed solved and I was roaming in Mexico. But when I came back to Spain, I realized that the glitch happens when on 3G signal (while I was roaming, my Bold 9900 would only pick up EDGE or GPRS signal, where it works well). I now think that this glitch seems of a general connectivity nature: it happens on the browser (sometimes it does take a few moments to start loading a page), or when updating weather info on BeWeather, or when performing a remote mail search. The problem is I cannot stay on 2G signal here in Spain because the corresponding menu only allows for "2G & 3G" and "3G only". (I have even tried changing that on the engineering screens)

I remind you of all the various things I have tried so far:

- eliminated service books and resent them from the server. Re-registered on HRT

- complete device wipe. (Now I am running OS v7.1.0.658)

- eliminated my account from the BESX server and re-create it

- Installed "ShowMeTheImages" app

- Encryption is not enabled on BESX.

- Changed device to a BB9300, (OS5), activated on the same BESX server. The 9300 does not give any troubles.

In a nutshell, the problem is narrowed down to the following: 1. The glitch happens when connected through cell network (no problems whatsoever when doing it via WiFi, it works seamlessly and lightning fast; cell provider says there are no connectivity issues on their network). 2. It is related to 7.1 OS devices (other devices on our BESX server running 5.0 have no problems at all) 3. It seems to be related to 3G connection when using the Bold 9900. It does not happen on 2G signal either. Any new ideas? Thank you very much!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i wonder if show me the images app is causing it.

I would try with a wiped phone and nothing installed on it.

how much free RAM do you have on the server?

can you provide a screen shot of task manager on the performance tab please?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks for looking at this. I uninstalled the app "Show Me The Images" a while ago, when I realized that is was not helping at all.

Concerning tests with a wiped phone, I already did that. I set up a Gmail and Hotmail account on it before setting up the Enterprise account and apparently the device was working well.

As for the screen shot, do you mean the server's?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

yes on the BES server

Open Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar and then clicking Task Manager.

• You can also open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Hi there, after all this going back and forth, it turns out that the problem was our carrier (Vodafone Spain). They always said everything was fine on their end, however, our organization recently switched to a different carrier, and I kept my device. It works like a charm now, on the new carrier.

Regards,

Guru III
My Device:

OUCH, thats a painful process to go through