Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
twitchen
My Device: BB 8520, 9300 and 9810

BAS Web Desktop Manager options missing

I'm looking to get Web Desktop Manager set up for our users to be able to set new passwords on their devices if they forget, so I'm looking to disable all other options. Everything is set now except the ability to disable the activation passwords, which should be the option "Allow user self-activation wirelessly" but this is missing. I only have the options:

Maximum device activation attempts:0Allow users to perform self service tasks:Yes
Allow user wireline activation:NoAllow users to back up and restore data:No

Is there something I am missing? We are using BES Express 5.0.3 for Exchange 2007 which is all up to date, and I am logging into BAS with the BESAdmin account which is set with the Enterprise Administrator and Security Administrator roles.

Thanks for anyones help,

James Twitchen.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BAS Web Desktop Manager options missing

max attempts should be set to more than 0 no?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
twitchen
My Device: BB 8520, 9300 and 9810

Re: BAS Web Desktop Manager options missing

Not really, we don't want our users to be able to activate them from Web Desktop Manager at all, just to change passwords.