Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

BAS login error - The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry.

All,

I have seen other posts with the same error listed here, but I believe I've tried all the solutions and still am unable to log in to the Blackberry Administrative Service. 

Here's the configuration:

BES 5 is running on it's own Windows 2003 server.  Exchange is on a separate 2003 server as is the DC.  We do not have any 2008 servers in the mix.  I installed the BES software and have had it successfully running for a month now.  I needed to add a new user and found that I was unable to log in to the Blackberry Administrative Service using the BESAdmin domain account even though I was able to log in to the console of the server with it.  There don't appear to be any event log entries that coincide with the error. 

I have tried the trick of running the Blackberry Server Configuration tool and changing the user on the Administration Service - AD Settings tab (I have since changed it back).  I have tried changing the password for the BESAdmin account (there are no special characters in it) and I changed the password for the BB services to match the new password and restarted them all successfully.  There are no 0s in my IP address.  The BB server time is synchronized with the Domain Controller and Exchange server. 

I'm running out of cuss words for this problem.  Solutions or new cuss words will be appreciated. 

Russ

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: BAS login error - The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry.

I have had this problem myself but my installation was new so I just removed and reinstalled it and made sure I set a admin service login. But I came across this KB to deal with the problem.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18161

Give it a try.

New Contributor

Re: BAS login error - The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry.

Neotic,

Thanks for the article.  I read through it and checked my BBAS-AS log, but I'm not getting the BBAS-2015 error.  I searched through several days worth of logs just to make sure.  On a side note, I didn't change the password until after I was already having the login problem.  Do you have any other ideas?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Do you have both 001e6602 registry entries listed in this KB while logged in as the BESAdmin service account?
http://support.opt3.com/KB/a47/installing-bes-express-on-sbs-may-not-create-correct.aspx

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Knottyrope,

I did not have the 001e6602 entry under the "Blackberry Server" key, so I added it with the appropriate address, but I don't have the "Blackberry Server Management key at all.  I'm attaching a screenshot of the registry location and keys.  I went ahead and restarted the BB Dispatcher service and tested, but it is still not letting me log in.  I even tried rebooting the server.

1874i1984B95D24B2EE3A

New Contributor

Knottyrope,

I also checked the Messaging Agent Debug logs as per KB19074, but cannot find any errors relating to 001e6602.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Maybe time for a call.

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Knottyrope,

Thanks, I've submitted a customer support request.  I'll post the results once we get it worked out.

Guru III
My Device:

Any luck?

if not look at both of theses too.

KB18267 The username, password, or domain is not correct logging to BAS

KB17950 The username, password, or domain is not correct

New Contributor

I have submitted a Service Request with Blackberry support, but troubleshooting via email is a slow process. 

Thanks for the document links.  I'll check them out and let you know.

Russ