Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB MVS 5.1 minimum hardware setup for Lab - Help Pls

Tks for reading my Q and advanced tks if you're helping me answer :-)

Here's what we know as hardware requirement for MVS from the PPTs and PDFs. Btw.. we're planning this for the lab set up with least possible hardware resources and assuming that it doesn't have a failover process and so on. So pls suggest us the least/minimum hardware configuration needed. My Qs are in red and Italic. 

•BlackBerry MVS can reside on same physical server as BlackBerry Enterprise Server for up to 250 users

• Two Intel® Xeon 2.0 GHz processors (or greater) (Does it mean that it's a single server with 2 CPUs or 2 Diff servers with single CPU)

• 250 G disk space (On each server ? or overall ?)

• 2 drives configured with RAID 1 or better (2 separate physical drives on 1 server or 2 separate physical drives on 2 servers)

• Minimum 4 GB of RAM available (On each server ?)

• Dedicated server that does not run other applications to optimize performance

Regards

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BB MVS 5.1 minimum hardware setup for Lab - Help Pls

asiasi wrote:

Tks for reading my Q and advanced tks if you're helping me answer :-)

Here's what we know as hardware requirement for MVS from the PPTs and PDFs. Btw.. we're planning this for the lab set up with least possible hardware resources and assuming that it doesn't have a failover process and so on. So pls suggest us the least/minimum hardware configuration needed. My Qs are in red and Italic. 

•BlackBerry MVS can reside on same physical server as BlackBerry Enterprise Server for up to 250 users

• Two Intel® Xeon 2.0 GHz processors (or greater) (Does it mean that it's a single server with 2 CPUs or 2 Diff servers with single CPU) one server with 2 CPUs

• 250 G disk space (On each server ? or overall ?) The one you are installing MVS on

• 2 drives configured with RAID 1 or better (2 separate physical drives on 1 server or 2 separate physical drives on 2 servers) The one you are installing MVS on needs a RAID 1 arrays that consists of 2 drives

• Minimum 4 GB of RAM available (On each server ?) The one you are installing MVS on

• Dedicated server that does not run other applications to optimize performance

Regards

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks a LOT for the "Lightening Speed" response. Following you on twitter from now on. :-)

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to have helped out

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

We have partnered with a Network Company which owns the Cisco PBX environment. Now that we have PBX and the hardware as you suggested to start with, we want to start to build the MVS environment. Here's are the requirements suggested by BB:
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/business/blackberry_mvs/BlackBerry_MVS_5_1_General_Requiremen...

We downloaded the 180 day trial version of the " Windows Server 2008 R2". We're installing that now. Few Qs for further BES install. I downloaded the besx503mr6.zip from the BB downloads site.

Questions:

1. Is besx503mr6.zip just MR6 on top of the 5.0.3 or a complete software ? In case it's not a complete software, apart from the disc that BB mails, is there anyway that we can download a trail version of BES 5.0+ for MS Exchange ? so that we don't need to wait for BB's disc and install the BES quick.

2. I did read the preinstall steps, looks like I need to install the SQL Server and I'm planning to install a trial version of the MS SQL server. My Q is re: the MS Exchange, do I need MS Exchange as mandatory for our Lab environment ? And do I need to install that before I install BES or can i do it later ? 

Sorry to ask you dumb Qs. I'm new to the BB World. I've been given a PBX environment and Hardware, and asked to set up a MVS demo lab with minimum requirements to demo it to a client in 4 weeks.

Tks and Regards

Guru III
My Device:

asiasi wrote:

We have partnered with a Network Company which owns the Cisco PBX environment. Now that we have PBX and the hardware as you suggested to start with, we want to start to build the MVS environment. Here's are the requirements suggested by BB:
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/business/blackberry_mvs/BlackBerry_MVS_5_1_General_Requiremen...

We downloaded the 180 day trial version of the " Windows Server 2008 R2". We're installing that now. Few Qs for further BES install. I downloaded the besx503mr6.zip from the BB downloads site.

Questions:

1. Is besx503mr6.zip just MR6 on top of the 5.0.3 or a complete software ?  MR is placed on top of existing  In case it's not a complete software, apart from the disc that BB mails, is there anyway that we can download a trail version of BES 5.0+ for MS Exchange ? so that we don't need to wait for BB's disc and install the BES quick.

2. I did read the preinstall steps, looks like I need to install the SQL Server and I'm planning to install a trial version of the MS SQL server. My Q is re: the MS Exchange, do I need MS Exchange as mandatory for our Lab environment ? And do I need to install that before I install BES or can i do it later ? BES needs a mailbox, so Exchange will be needed before hand unless you have a mail server already

Sorry to ask you dumb Qs. I'm new to the BB World. I've been given a PBX environment and Hardware, and asked to set up a MVS demo lab with minimum requirements to demo it to a client in 4 weeks.

Tks and Regards

download the trail here

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/server/offers/v50_trial.jsp