Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
khurana_umesh
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

BES Application HTTPS Issue

Hi,

I am using an application which is present on both HTTP and HTTPS via BES. The  Application which is on HTTP is working fine, but  the same application on HTTPS is throwing some Null Pointer Exception.

It is working fine when i type the url of the application in the destop browser. But when i try the same URL from the BlackBerry Browser i get connection timeout error an on the Server side i am getting Null Pointer Exception.

I am unable to post any parameter from the HTTPS, result of which i am getting Null Pointer.

Anyone has ever faced this kind of issue.. Please Reply..

Thanks In Advance..

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BES Application HTTPS Issue

Where are you getting the NullPointerException? Some debugging on the server side app may help to understand at least where the failure is occurring.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khurana_umesh
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Hi,

I am getting NullPointerException everywhere i am passing some parameters in the field. In case of Login as well as in case of any Search.

And I am able to use the application from my desktop in HTTP and HTTPS enviroment both, but when i tried it from my BlackBerry it is giving "NullPointerException" in the Application and "ConnectionTimeOut" on the BlackBerry Browser.

:smileysad:

Help Me...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Could you debug on your server side to see what data is being received and what is being sent back down to the device? This will help to see what the issue may be.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
ijosefavour
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: mts

i need help
Please use plain text.