If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
dnandrews1000
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

BES Express 5.0.3 Remembering old device PIN - cannot re-activate device.

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I am trying to re-activate a device after wiping it and when I add the user back to the BES Express server, before I start any activation, the BAS displays the PIN that the user had prior to having the device wiped.

Although it activates, I am only able to Send messages from the device and not Recieve.  In the BAS, the status shows Initializing instead of running.

I have tested the device with another user account that had never had BB associated with it and that worked perfectly.

I have looked in the SQL tables of the BES database to see if I can spot any reference to the user or the PIN but it all looks pretty clean.

I have wiped the device several times, deleted service books, rebooted the BES server etc. but always seem to hit the same issue.

I have also tried the handheldcleanup tool, but that didn't help either.

Is there anywhere else that would be holding/caching this information on the BES or anywhere, or could this be something on a RIM server?

Regards

David

Please use plain text.