Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
bruskie
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES Express 5.0.3 error 500 when launching web console

Hi there,

I have installed BES Express 5.0.3 on SBS 2011 with Exchange 2010 and all has been working fine up until a day ago. Emails etc are still synchronizing without any issues, but I am not able to access the admin web interface. I keep getting a 500 error.

I have gone through forums, uninstall the lastes Java update and still no luck. 

The error I get is as follows.

I am really hoping that someone could point me into the right direction here.

Thanks all!

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Could not create the Command object com.rim.bes.bas.command.CommandException: CommandException SYSTEM: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: NULLSBS01.CPTNULL.LOCAL:11099 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server NULLSBS01.CPTNULL.LOCAL:11099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server NULLSBS01.CPTNULL.LOCAL:11099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: NULLSBS01.CPTNULL.LOCAL:11099 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server NULLSBS01.CPTNULL.LOCAL:11099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server NULLSBS01.CPTNULL.LOCAL:11099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]
	org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.service(WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.java:60)
	$ServletRequestServicer_135a19f2bf6.service($ServletRequestServicer_135a19f2bf6.java)
	org.apache.tapestry.request.DecodedRequestInjector.service(DecodedRequestInjector.java:55)
	$ServletRequestServicerFilter_135a19f2bf2.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_135a19f2bf2.java)
	$ServletRequestServicer_135a19f2bf8.service($ServletRequestServicer_135a19f2bf8.java)
	org.apache.tapestry.multipart.MultipartDecoderFilter.service(MultipartDecoderFilter.java:52)
	$ServletRequestServicerFilter_135a19f2bf0.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_135a19f2bf0.java)
	$ServletRequestServicer_135a19f2bf8.service($ServletRequestServicer_135a19f2bf8.java)
	org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.SetupRequestEncoding.service(SetupRequestEncoding.java:53)
	$ServletRequestServicerFilter_135a19f2bf4.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_135a19f2bf4.java)
	$ServletRequestServicer_135a19f29f0.service($ServletRequestServicer_135a19f29f0.java)
	org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(ApplicationServlet.java:123)
	com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.BASApplicationServlet.doService(BASApplicationServlet.java:162)
	org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(ApplicationServlet.java:79)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	com.rim.bes.bas.web.console.LoginDispatcher.processRequest(LoginDispatcher.java:146)
	com.rim.bes.bas.web.console.LoginDispatcher.doGet(LoginDispatcher.java:79)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.CSRFProtectionFilter.doFilter(CSRFProtectionFilter.java:108)
	com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.ResponseHeadersFilter.doFilter(ResponseHeadersFilter.java:85)
	com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.filter.SystemStartupProgressFilter.doFilter(SystemStartupProgressFilter.java:187)
	com.rim.bes.bas.web.console.VSJSupportFilter.doFilter(VSJSupportFilter.java:228)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Express 5.0.3 error 500 when launching web console

is SQL browser running?

have you tried to restart teh BAS service and wait 5 min and try again?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bruskie

Yes SQL browser is running. I have restarted the server even and tried a day later lol. No luck.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

NULLSBS01.CPTNULL.LOCAL:11099

is the above name accessable from another PC?

you might have a DNS issue and its going external instead of internal

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bruskie

I try and access this site from the server however?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bruskie

Why is everything that Rim develops so sensative? It was working and now it doesn't. And the log files are useless!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Its not a RIM issue its many times the security change being made by Microsoft windows updates.

Computers change weekly.

look at this thread, same error

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Professional-Software/BES-Web-Console-not-starting...

do you have these updates?

KB979683
KB2419640 (requires a server restart)
KB2393802 (requires a server restart)
KB981852

Please use plain text.
sweber
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: ATT

do you have these updates?

KB979683
KB2419640 (requires a server restart)
KB2393802 (requires a server restart)
KB981852

_____

Are these required on the server is that why you are asking?

I'm just trying to read all threads to try and fix the same issues before starting yet another thread, so just curious..

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bruskie

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.