Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
leeifer
My Device: Not Specified

BES Express 5.0 administration service - unable to login

Hi,

Since adding the admin service to a second server, I can no longer login to either the new or existing setup. I created a new DNS entry to use as the admin serivce pool which works fine, however when I try to login it takes 2-3 minutes before saying unable to login.

There are no errors in the windows event log and the blackberry logs show too much inofrmation for me to see anything obvious/being recorded.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Express 5.0 administration service - unable to login

Check your BES version number

1) Go to the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start > Run > appwiz.cpl )

2) Locate the reference to "BlackBerry Enterprise Server", select it and then click "Click here for support information.".

3) The publisher listed should be "Research In Motion" and the Version will be the exact version of BES currently installed.

Also you can learn more about the MR level with the bundle number too.

Let us know what you have

Have you tried by IP and FQDN?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leeifer
My Device: Not Specified

HI,

Thanks for your reply. The Version no is: 5.0.2 (Bundle 14).

I am able to navigate to the login page (via either localhost, FQDN or IP all work ok) but when I enter my login details, domain and click login, it either takes several minutes of thinking and comes back with the error message in red text unalbe to login or just hangs and hangs.

I have tried using my domain account (as domain admin) and the besadmin account but neither can log in and I can't find any error messages to suggest why not.

Oddly, on the 2010 server after quite a long period of waiting, I do actually manage to login but not on 2003.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would upgrade to SP3 as it contains a years worth of updates and then after see if it works fine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.