Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
RichPard
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: EE

BES Express - Blackberry Q5 Os10 support

Hi All,

I was hoping that someone could help me out with an issue I have. The set up I support is Bes Express 5.0.4 and Lotus Domino 8.5.3.

We have recently purchased some new OS 10 devices. (Q5 and Q10).

I was trying to get to the bottom of the changes I need to make in my environment to get these devices working.

I have read conflicting things as to whether version 5.0.4 express supports OS10.  Can someone confirm the facts about this.

Many Thanks

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17
My Device: BB Z10

Re: BES Express - Blackberry Q5 Os10 support

Hi.. 

OS 10 Devices will work only on BES 10 Software .. BES 5.0.4 supports devices till OS 7 ..

You need to Install BES 10 software .. .The BES 10 Software can be installed on the Same machine as BES 5.0.4 if the server specs are high or you can install on the Different Server. 

Thanks.. 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kbe
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30

Besx5.x does not support managing OS10 devices.

You need to set up a separate BES10 Server to manage the OS10 devices.

The Besx5 can coexist to manage the OS7 (or older) devices.

Hope that helps

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RichPard

Thanks for the response.

Are there any spcific Domino requirements for BES 10. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
sameer_it17
My Device: BB Z10

If you want to manage the new Z10 phones in a similar way to how you manage your current Blackberry phones you will need to install the Blackberry Device Service component of BES10 on a different server to your BES5 install.

If you just want to get them up and running with work email you can also just connect them using ActiveSync like any other smartphone out there, assuming your version of Domino supports ActiveSync (I have no experience of Domino sorry).

BES10 docs can be found here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/?userType=2

You can get a 60 day free trial of BES10 here:

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/bes-10.html

BES10 includes a component called Universal Device Service for managing iOS and Android devices, but you don't have to install that to manage BB10 devices, you just need the BDS component. BES10 also includes a nice looking unified console for basic management tasks for all activated devices, old and new, called Blackberry Management Studio. BMS is fairly lightweight in terms of the resources it uses and can be installed on the same server as an existing BDS install as long as you change the port number for its website during install as BDS will already be using the default port.

The BES10 software is now free, you just pay for device CALs. Until the end of this year you can trade in your old BES CALs for the new BDS CALs for BB10 devices for free here:

http://us.blackberry.com/business/blackberry-10-ready/bes-license-trade-up.html?IID=us:bb:desktop:Bu...

There are no agent or any other client to connect Traveler to BDS. We have to make sure the BDS can reach Traveler server using SSL. Follow these steps.

1. Make sure BDS server is in an Active Directory Domain (BDS will no more talk to Domino directory)

2. Add a user from the Active Directory.

3. In the user's Email settings in BDS, give the correct path to Lotus Traveler server and make sure the username resolved is changed to Lotus Domino Users Internet Username(refer to Dhungate old post in detail)

4. From the device go to work account activation and try to activate it. If it fails to activate, select Advanced from the same screen and input the BDS Server ID which will be displayed in the User details after adding the User and creating enterprise activation password.

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can install BES 10 on the BES 5 server and use BMS to manage both BES

you need latest MR for SP4

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RichPard

Thanks for your responses.  I think I am going to get BES 10 installed on a new server.

I'm trying to understand what I need to do to set up on the Lotus Domino site.

Does anyone have any experence with this?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You will need this first

http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/notetrav

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.