Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES Express Firewall Management

Is there any way to allow a specific application through the device firewall with BES Express?  I have a user that would like to use Sirius|XM, but they receive the following message when they open it.

"The application SXM has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

The firewall section of the BlackBerry shows it to be enabled (and locked, probably by policy), but there are no policy options on the BES Express to alter this state.  I'm afraid I already know the answer, and that is that this isn't possible on BESX, but I'm hoping someone has a great idea.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Express Firewall Management

there have been a few reports on this for a few apps.

Someone tried a Full BES trial and exported the IT policy to BES Express.

But now the trial is at SP2 and has new policies and may not import now.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES Express 5.0 for MS Exchange SP2 was released a few days ago and has new IT Policies available.  http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/18705/Security_policy_group_204176_11.jsp  You can now set policy to "Allow External Connections" under the Security section to "Yes."  It's supposed to default to Yes, as well.  I didn't test that.  Anyway, I'm able to run Sirius XM now.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V