Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

S_B
Contributor
S_B
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: BES Express Server Migration

Hi Knotty Rope,

I'm installing onto Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2.

Thanks,

- S

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you need dot net 3.5 and can use SQL 2008 express if you want. 2005 has an issue with 2008.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
S_B
Contributor
S_B

Hi Knotty Rope,

Thanks for your reply.  The existing server runs Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 and SQL Server 2005 Express; I'm trying to keep the replacement server as close to the original as possible to minimize configuration changes and to avoid introducing additional problems by changing software versions.  The documentation I read said that I have to install .NET 2 to support SQL Server 2005 Express, so I shouldn't require any other runtimes, correct?

Cheers,

S_B

Please use plain text.
S_B
Contributor
S_B

Greetings everyone,

I requested a second SRP and followed KB12304 on installing a second BESX and migrating the users over.  Now I'm at the stage where I want to decommission the old server following article KB20515.  The new server's administration web site is using the old sever's self-generated certificate.  How do I get the new server to generate one of its own?

Thanks,

S_B

Please use plain text.