Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jarves
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: Globe

BES Express installation on Windows 2008 Core and clustering

Hi,

Is it possible to install BES Express in windows server 2008 core?

Also, is BES Express a cluster aware application? I am planning to create a failover for BES Express.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BES Express installation on Windows 2008 Core and clustering

Windows 2008 is supported as the OS.
Express does not support HA, you need the full BES for that - but you should think about BES10 for the new OS10 devices anyway.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jarves
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: Globe

Oh I see. I thought that 2008 core server is not supported as its not mentioned anywhere on the blackberry documentation. Our number of Z10 users are increasing and right now we are using activesync as its email communication. It really pose a problem on our owa server as it gets congested as the number of BYOD users are increasing. Anyways we are still awaiting management decision on the BES10 upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Server Core is not supported since there is no GUI available to setup a MAPI profile or look at BES Server properties.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Sorry - sometimes I'm not seeing all the words flying around here... oversaw that "core"
Please use plain text.