Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
random44
My Carrier: Vodafone

BES Express with Bis dataplan

Hi All, 

I know that it is possible to activate blackberry with BIS data plan on the BES X . What are the disadvantageous

The ones that comes to mind after searching the web are :

1. Loose connection to corporate network

2. possible issues with setting up meeting or appointments? am i correct ?

3. possible problems with installing applications.

on the other side, people seem to say that the BES X with BIS supports email/calendar sync and all other functionalities

it can also remotely lock the handset

please advise on the pros and cons of BIS data plan 

This is a big decision for the team and want to avoid any hassle just for cost saving

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Express with Bis dataplan

random44 wrote:

Hi All, 

I know that it is possible to activate blackberry with BIS data plan on the BES X . What are the disadvantageous

The ones that comes to mind after searching the web are :

1. Loose connection to corporate network

2. possible issues with setting up meeting or appointments? am i correct ? WRONG

3. possible problems with installing applications. OCS not supported

on the other side, people seem to say that the BES X with BIS supports email/calendar sync and all other functionalities

it can also remotely lock the handset True

please advise on the pros and cons of BIS data plan 

This is a big decision for the team and want to avoid any hassle just for cost saving

BES express ha limited IT policies but more then EAS offers.

Try it and see if it works for you

I run Full BES as we need the facebook contacts sync blocked, too many times people decided to sync facebook with company directory

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.