Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
stu130
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: BES/SBE/BPS 4.x upgrade options to BES Express 5.0

Okay, So if I install BESE Do I just have to give it a unique name in the option and I can install it to the same server or do I still have to use a differnt Server?  I'd just like to keep all the mail/BB stuff contained in one server but I know I don't want to VM on the Exchange server.

Thank you very much, I've been search for at least something like this for the past few weeks.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You can not run BPS and BES Express 5 on the same server OS. You can install BES Express 5 in a VM on that server or different server all together.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
stu130

Gotcha, so RIM isn't saying that it must be a different domain and differnt server.  Okay I am going to go re-review installing on a different server and go for it.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Ok let us know how you progress.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
stu130

Seems to have gone pretty well.  I kept thinking that the router was in the traditional computer since that there would only be one and they'd have to share it.  Nope.

I just installed it on a seperate server (VM) and let it handle its own database and there we go.  The only thing that didn't happen and it doesn't happen with the old server either is that the registration email doesn't go out so I did a webdesktop activation and had the data portion going before I moved over the phone.  Later I ported the number and so far so good.

Thank you no complications what so ever.

New Contributor
mateusz
My Device: 8300

Hello,

Currently in my company we have Blackberry Profesional Software (13 users), but we consider the migration  to Blackberry Enterprise Server Express. Therefore I have an important question:

Can we have two servers simultaneously in separate virtual machines (one old server Blackberry Professional Server and new BBESE) and gradually move users (from old server delete user and add it to the new BBESE)? Thanks you for help

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

mateusz wrote:

Hello,

Currently in my company we have Blackberry Profesional Software (13 users), but we consider the migration  to Blackberry Enterprise Server Express. Therefore I have an important question:

Can we have two servers simultaneously in separate virtual machines (one old server Blackberry Professional Server and new BBESE) and gradually move users (from old server delete user and add it to the new BBESE)? Thanks you for help

That should work fine. Basically Option A but not removing BPS.

New Contributor
ccoho
My Device: Not Specified

I will soon be migrating from 4.1.4.17 to the Express 5.0 version.  My question is, should I update my current version to the newest service pack release before migrating?

Thanks, this thread has been extremely helpful.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Check your BES version number

1) Go to the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start > Run > appwiz.cpl )

2) Locate the reference to "BlackBerry Enterprise Server", select it and then click "Click here for support information.".

3) The publisher listed should be "Research In Motion" and the Version will be the exact version of BES currently installed.

Also you can learn more about the MR level with the bundle number too.

Let us know what Bundle you have

New Contributor
ccoho
My Device: Not Specified

Ok, my version in add/remove is listed as 4.1.4 (Bundle 183).

Thank you for your help