Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
CSB-MSmith
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

BES and Fleet/Lost phone tracking

Details: BES Express 5.0.3 MR1 (have MR2but haven't installed it yet)

Exchange 2010 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server.

# of Users: 13

As you can tell we have very few BB users and a basic setup. I was just awarded the responisibility of the BES without any prior experience with BB's or BES. We have had several users lose their phone for it only to be found a few weeks or a month later under their car seat or under a couch, after we have replaced the phone. As a smaller company we would like to eliminate extra cost like that. As of right now we have a user who has lost their phone and we would like to see if we can track it before ordering a replacement phone.

My Question: Is there a preferably free or very cheap way to track it through BES? If so can you please point me in that direction?

I have done a some research and it seems very possible if you are a programmer that is fimilar with perl and SQL DB's. However I am not one of those. The phone is still powered on but on silent. I can see that it has connected with the BES in the last 8 hours due to emails being delivered to the phone. GPS is enabled and it seems I can push down an app to the phone but haven't tried yet.

I am open to suggestions!

BESX 5.0.3 (MR1)
MS Exchange 2010 SP1
Windows Server 2008 R2 (patched)
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES and Fleet/Lost phone tracking

What is Enterprise Location Tracking - "GPS Tracking"

i dont see express listed above

we use telenav to track people but it still isnt that accurate to locate a phone.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CSB-MSmith

I didn't see the BESX supported either.

Can you tell me about the telenav that you are using? I see that they offer a free 30 day trial to test, etc. ?

BESX 5.0.3 (MR1)
MS Exchange 2010 SP1
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CSB-MSmith

Ahhh we are using Verizon. We just switched from AT&T. Thanks for the link though.

BESX 5.0.3 (MR1)
MS Exchange 2010 SP1
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

verizon might have similar, ask them if they do

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
7_9
7_9
My Device: hungary RDG71UW
My Carrier: DIGICEL

NEED TO KNOW WHERE MY PHONE AT

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

7_9 wrote:

NEED TO KNOW WHERE MY PHONE AT

are you on BES? if yes did you look at the discussion above?

if no did you install and setup BlackBerry Protect? if not installed nothing we can do here to find it

Please use plain text.