Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Paul_Forbes
My Device: Many
My Carrier: Many
Accepted Solution

BES5 and Exchange 2013 - "BlackBerry Enterprise Server must leverage Exchange Web Services for Calendaring. Calendaring leveraging CDO.DLL is no longer supported"

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33406

mentions that "BlackBerry Enterprise Server must leverage Exchange Web Services for Calendaring. Calendaring leveraging CDO.DLL is no longer supported"

I am experiencing an issue with users making appointments on their blackberries that are not showing up in their exchange mailbox.

On the server side the following is being logged
EventID: 20266 Source: Blackberry Messaging Agent
CDOCalendar::Initialize - CreateInstance (0x80070583) failed

At first I thought this was related to CDO but from the above KB I'm guessing not. Can anyone provide inside or by some miracle a solution to the error?

Please note - this is with Exchange Server 2013 so it'd be helpful if the information was relevant to that :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BES5 and Exchange 2013 - "BlackBerry Enterprise Server must leverage Exchange Web Services for Calendaring. Calendaring leveraging CDO.DLL is no longer supported"

Hi Paul_Forbes,

To resolve this issue, I recommend checking to make sure Microsoft Exchange Web Services is configured correctly. This KB article has instructions to set this up. "How to enable BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to use Microsoft Exchange Web Services" KB20157

Please let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Paul_Forbes

Re: BES5 and Exchange 2013 - "BlackBerry Enterprise Server must leverage Exchange Web Services for Calendaring. Calendaring leveraging CDO.DLL is no longer supported"

Just registered EWS.dll (had an entry in the app event log) - as per http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20212

Not sure the technote is correct that this was fixed in later install packages. Awaiting user tests to confirm if this resolved the issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Paul_Forbes

The ews.dll registration was the key - working now.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.