Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
webmaster_orsna
My Device: Blackberry 9630

{BESAdmin@xxxxxx.com} Failed to get RootDSE ffffffff8007054b

Hi

I have this problem.. i search on all pages, probe all settings and commands but is not working.

BES 5.0, Exchange 2007, Windows 2008 R2

{BESAdmin@xxxxxx.com} Failed to get RootDSE ffffffff8007054b GetUserObject failed (8007054b) for BESAdmin@xxxxx.com

Alejandro Gimenez: Opening message store using
        /o=ORSNA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipient
s/cn=agimenez
        /o=ORSNA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configura
tion/cn=Servers/cn=POSTAK/cn=Microsoft Private MDB
Alejandro Gimenez: Mailbox opened successfully
Alejandro Gimenez: Root Folder opened successfully
Alejandro Gimenez: Folder created successfully
Alejandro Gimenez: Test folder deleted successfully
Alejandro Gimenez: MAPI test completed successfully
Alejandro Gimenez: CDO Server Name: POSTAK
Alejandro Gimenez: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=ORSNA/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FY
DIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=agimenez
Alejandro Gimenez: CDO logon successful
Alejandro Gimenez: Get default calendar folder successful
Alejandro Gimenez: Get calendar folder name successful: 'Calendario'
Alejandro Gimenez: CDO test completed successfully
Alejandro Gimenez: Failed to check Active Directory for Send As permissions (800
70057)
Alejandro Gimenez: Initializing EWS Proxy... successful
Alejandro Gimenez: Configuring User... failed

What its the problem?..

Thanks!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: {BESAdmin@xxxxxx.com} Failed to get RootDSE ffffffff8007054b

are you migrating to a new mail server?

you should make new storage groups and not use the connector database

if going to 2010 maybe this will help

How to migrate the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or 2007 to M...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
webmaster_orsna
My Device: Blackberry 9630

hi knottyrope

this Exchange 2007 its working for 2 years more or less and it was ok since we start testing this BES . its impossible for us to migrate to 2010 ( money problems ).

why make new storage?

Thanks

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipient

The above is used when migrating to a new version of exchange.

it is a temporary area that is removed when old mail server is removed

It should not be used for production

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

mitcheto
My Device: Bold

Hi Knotty Rope...

Without wishing to hijack a thread with my first post... would it be possible to elaborate little more on your last answer please?

I'm having (almost) the same issue as the original poster, although my exact circumstances are:

Migrating between two AD domains (different forests)

Moving from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 (SP3) - Exch 2003 in the old domain, 2010 in the new domain.

Two BES Servers (both 5.0.4.27), one in the old domain and one in the new domain.

We'd successfully migrated a few users (< 5), and they have been receiving email fine. However, a couple of weeks ago email delivery to their BB's stopped working. I've been through all sorts of checks (BESAdmin account has Send As permissions, Throttling policy is set and applied correctly, BES services/server have been restarted). I can't see anything wrong with the Exchange 2010 environment, but I do see the same error as the OP when running IEMSTEST:

Opening Default Message Store Mailbox - BESAdmin {BESAdmin@****.com} Failed to get RootDSE ffffffff8007203a

GetUserObject failed (8007203a) for BESAdmin@****.com

Username: Opening message store using /o=Exchange/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Username

/o=Exchange/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=Exch2010Svr/cn=Microsoft Private MDB

Username: OpenMsgStore failed (8004011d)

I have a couple of questions with this...

1) What needs to be done to rectify the situation?

2) Why should this not be used for a production environment?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Migrating between two AD domains (different forests)?

BES 5.0 supports an Exchange Resource Forest configuration.

Multiple AD forests should be ok as long as

1) There is a two way trust between them
2) They are all within the same Exchange organization

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

mitcheto wrote:

Hi Knotty Rope...

Without wishing to hijack a thread with my first post... would it be possible to elaborate little more on your last answer please?

Username: Opening message store using /o=Exchange/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Username

/o=Exchange/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=Exch2010Svr/cn=Microsoft Private MDB

Username: OpenMsgStore failed (8004011d)

see http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB16459 for some help