Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

BESX 5.0.2 and now 5.0.3 - Unable to add new user through BAS

We are a small shop and I haven't added a user in a couple of months. The last time I added a user it was working normally, no hitches, no surprises.

Today, I tried to add a user and got the dreaded: "The BlackBerry Administration Service cannot find the records you were looking for. Verify the searc...

I tried to add the new user that I added to Exchange 2010 SP1 yesterday. I tried an old Exchange user with the same result. I cannot get anyone on the Exchange server to appear as an available user.

If I try to add the user from the "Add user from company directory" interface I am greeted with: "The specified user already exists in the available user list. "

I looked online and made sure that I had the correct entries for 001e6602 in the registry. They both point to the FQDN of my exchange server.

I have manually refreshed my company directory through the e-mail section of Blackberry Solution Topology.

I have confirmed that the mailboxes are not hidden from the GAL in Exchange.

In an attempt to resolve the situation I upgraded from BESX 5.0.2 to 5.0.3.

All of my other users are still communicating with the system. My only problem is the inability to add a new user.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BESX 5.0.2 and now 5.0.3 - Unable to add new user through BAS

After reading some more I decided to re-create my MAPI profile according to KB10285.

After all the services started I was able to add my user.

I hope this helps someone else.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BESX 5.0.2 and now 5.0.3 - Unable to add new user through BAS

MAPI profiles can corrupt, nice job on finding your solution

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V