Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jsplatt
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: O2

BESX 5.0.4 BAS-NCC service using 100% cpu

I've recently upgraded from BESX 5.0.3 with the MR 2 to 5.0.4, the upgrade went without issue. However after running for an hour or so the BAS-NCC service will begin to use 100% cpu until the server is rebooted or both the BAS-NCC and BAS-AS services are restarted but after an hour or so the problem re-occurs. It doesn't appear to have impacted the users sending/receiving of mail but its very annoying to have to keep restarting services when wanting to use the admin console and was not present for us in 5.0.3.

VSphere 5.0

2008 R2 with latest patches

Java 1.6.31

Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1

Exchange 2010 SP2 Update roll up 3

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BESX 5.0.4 BAS-NCC service using 100% cpu

How much RAM and CPU time did you set aside?

Running SQL on it as well or a remote SQL instance?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsplatt

1 cpu and 4GB of memory for the BES VM with SQL 2005 server running on a dedicated VM.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

can you monitor it and see if it starts to happen after 10 minutes of the hour?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsplatt

I guess you are hinting towards the proxy issue. We do run a TMG proxy but the BES server is a direct access machine and therefore we do not need to configure any proxy settings on the server. I have checked the BAS-NCC log and there are is no mention of the errors documented in KB28190

However when I look at the BAS-AS logs I do see the following starting at 10 or 12 minutes past the hour which continues to be logged until the BAS-NCC and BAS-AS are restarted

(10/10 00:10:37:616):{Thread-3} [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLoggerI18N] [WARN] [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.BasicAction_58] - Abort of action id -53effcf3:f81e:507435a6:5cda invoked while multiple threads active within it.
(10/10 00:10:37:616):{Thread-3} [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.logging.arjLoggerI18N] [WARN] [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.CheckedAction_2] - Coeducation::check - atomic action -53effcf3:f81e:507435a6:5cda aborting with 1 threads active!
(10/10 00:10:38:443):{Workmanlike(2)-347} [com.rim.bes.bas.windowsaccess.windowshttpaccessor.WindowsHTTPAccessorUtilities] [WARN] [BBAS-2008] {u=SystemUser, t=10456} retrieveFileFromWeb could not complete due to exception:  org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing socket connection for InvokerLocator [sslsocket://127.0.0.1:23843/?dataType=invocation&marshaller=org.jboss.invocation.unified.marshall.InvocationMarshaller&unmarshaller=org.jboss.invocation.unified.marshall.InvocationUnMarshaller]

*** Start of original stack trace ***

org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing socket connection for InvokerLocator [sslsocket://127.0.0.1:23843/?dataType=invocation&marshaller=org.jboss.invocation.unified.marshall.InvocationMarshaller&unmarshaller=org.jboss.invocation.unified.marshall.InvocationUnMarshaller]

I have left off the bulk of the java trace from the error as its quite long. The error seems to be similar to one posted in this thread

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Professional-Software/Can-t-connect-to-the-web-adm...

Unfortunately re-installation is not really an option at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Do you have the room to make another VM?

If yes then spin one up and use transporter to move user to new VM.

Should not take long to do at all.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsplatt

This is not an option at the moment.

Please use plain text.