Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9000

BESX and Remote SQL Database

I am installing BESX 5.01 on my Exchange 2010 server.  During the instatllation I selected to create a new BB Configuration Database and I want to use my remote SQL Server 2005.  However, after the initial reboot, I am presented with the database screen where I can specify the instance name and login credentials.  After I enter the information in, I get the following message:

The BlackBerry Configuration Database that you specified is associated with a previous installation of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Professional Software.  You must create a new BlackBerry Configuration Database for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express or specify a database that is associated with a previous installation of BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express.

I haven't ever installed or setup a BBES on any other server so I'm not sure how to get around this.  Also, I have tried using a different table name other than BESMgmt and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BESX and Remote SQL Database

You will have to make sure that you have named pipes and TCP/IP enables on SQL.

You also need to make sure that BESAdmin permissions are correct in SQL

permissions info for BESAdmin account for reference.

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

How can I change the account I am using that I specified earlier in the setup?  Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Also, what are the sql permission for that account? 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yes uninstall and create the account with the KB above if needed.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Hi,

A reinstall did not fix the problem.  However, I did resolve it.

When it was asking for the database server name\instance, I only had to specify the server name and the specific port and then it was able to continue.  So, even though the setup screen tells you to enter the server\instance name, it apparently only cares about the server name if you have a named instance.

Thanks,
Greg

Guru III
My Device:

were you running a non standard port?

Contributor

Yes, 1369 because I have (had) multiple instances on the sql server.

Guru III
My Device:

Thanks for sharing that info.