Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
geekazoid
My Device: Not Sure
My Carrier: Not Sure
Accepted Solution

BESX to BESX via Transporter

Good Day All!  I am in the process of moving (source) BESX 5.0.4 to another server in a different AD domain.  The destination is also running BESX 5.0.4.  I am getting stuck as I create my manifest.

From the destination machine, I am able to set the Destination Domain but NOT the Source Domain; From the source machine, I am able to set the Source Domain but NOT the Destnation Domain.  The error I get in both cases is "Login failed for user: DOMAIN\User".  I am using "Windows NT Authentication (Specifiy User)" for Authentication.

Both machines are Windows Server 2003.  The Destination is running SQL Express 2008 R2.  The Source is running SQL Express 2005.

My SQL Server line when I run Transporter on the Destination reads "IP of SOURCE\BLACKBERRY".  (This is the correct instance name.)

I have configured a static SQL port of 2301 on the Source machine.  My Database line now reads "BESMgmt, 2301".  I am able to telnet to the port on the Source machine from the Destination (which results in a black screen with a blinking cursor.)

How do I fix the Login failed message as I KNOW I am using the correct password.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as my client is not happy about not getting email on their BB.  :-|

Thank You In Advance for Sharing Your Expertise!!!

glenn

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BESX to BESX via Transporter

are both domains in the same exchange org?

if yes then we are missing something

if no it is not going to work

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geekazoid

They are not in the same Exchange org.  The servers are in completely different AD domains.  Company A purchased server from Company B.  Now Company A wants everything to have Company A's name instead of Company B.  :-)

I have migrated all the users from the old Exchange to the new.  How can I move the BESX information?

Thank You for Your Help!!!

glenn

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you cant, you have to Backup with desktop manager, wipe, restore and active on new BES

or contact BNator for their services (not free) but not sure if they support express

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geekazoid

Thank You for the information!  As I am a relative newbie, can you point me to a document with more detail on this procedure?  I need to see if I can get everyone's phones for Monday.

Thank You Again!!!

glenn

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Wipe device in options security, security wipe (OS 6 and 7)

restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geekazoid

Thank You Mr. Knotty Rope!  I was able to move 3 of 5 BlackBerry's to the new server.  One is fighting me and one is out of state.  Your instructions were MOST Helpful!!!

Have a Great Day!

glenn

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Glad to have helped out.

Please use plain text.