Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
cconk01
My Device: Not Specified

BPS Disable activation email

Hello all,

I tried searching google and im sure this has been answered before but I cant find it... How can I disable the automatic email containing the activation password? I would like to set it per user and have it pre defined.  Is it possible to even modify the email and change the automatic generated email to a default password and update it with instructions to connect?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS Disable activation email

you can define a password with the set passord and then email what you like, but the generated one can not be defined and usually works better ie lot less errors and sent to the correct person.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
cconk01

Thanks for the quick response. I am aware I can reset the password manually which is what I currently do (I make it our company initials) and just phone the person. With that said can I just disable the entire auto email? 

Thanks again,

Peter

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can do the set password bit which does not even email.

but I do like the click and it send the email away and i do nothing.

Um no, it is the m like emma mary mother, not the n  as in newblet.

no I did not say f as in sam, sam dont have an eff in it!

what do you mean you cant see the message in outBook, I dont care how drink you arent not.

Yes it is 4 characters and none of them is pink elephants.

hey is there another bus I can catch out of he ah?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
cconk01

Perhaps im missing something as I am new to BPS. I got Edit Global Properties and select Auto Generated Password Length, but cant use 0 but rather only 4 through 20. Can you give me more guidence?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

it has to be 4 min long. so just double up on those initials.