Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

kspare
My Device: Not Specified

BPS Upgrade to BES

We're getting ready to upgrade our bes solution to full bes from bps. The licensing is a little unclear,

At 30 users to add the 31st you must upgrade to full bes which I understand, for a cost of $2799.

But it also says BES will be backwards compatible with your BPS licenses. So in reading this, I can buy Full bes with 20 licenses for $3999

Each license is worth $99 making my BES have an effective cost of $1999, from what the pricing website says, I could buy the full bes with 20 licenses, and install my existing 15 licenses as well.

I understand one Method may allow me to directly upgrade, so I should state thats not a requirement for us. Our BPS server is sitting on our exchange server and as we prepare for this upgrade we're moving BPS to it's own box anyway. So we're ok with re-activating everyone. 

It looks to me like we can save $800?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: BPS Upgrade to BES

To use BPS licenses with BES you must purchase an upgrade key / license.  Once this license is applied you can use all the licenses as full BES licenses.  If you don't purchase the upgrade you can't use the licenses with BES.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.