Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

BPS deployment advice is needed

Hello!

We need to make a new domain just for mail. There will be up to 10 users who will use outlook, owa and BB devices.

I've bought two servers and licenses (BPS, Exchange2007, 2003Server, 2003Server64bit, CALs). I planned to use one server as DC and the other one for Exchange + BPS, but realized that it's not recommended to install BPS on exchange server or domain controller.

I don't like to ask money for one more server, but I found an old spare server (PIII-633 2GB). So, could you advise me the best way to use my hardware? Should I use the old server as DC or it's better to use virtualization?

Our servers:

Mr.BB - Xeon 3GHz/4GB/74GB RAID1 SCSI

Ms.BB - Xeon 2,6GHz/2GB/36GB RAID1 SCSI

Junior - PIII 0,6GHz/2GB/36GB SCSI

Many thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS deployment advice is needed

BPS can be installed on the exchange server, just not good practice in the exchange world.

You could install it on the old server you mentioned. BES does not take up much resources for a few users.

look at capacity planner here

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13777&slic...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V