Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

BPS throws AppLog event error msgs

Environment:

BPSServer: W2K3S (NOT SBS); BPS 4.1.4.17

EXCHGServer: W2K3S (NOT SBS); Exchange 2003,SP2

Wkstn: XPP, Ofc2003

HH: BB8330

Issues:

1) Making a new appointment in Outlook updates the handheld, but Making new appointment in Calendar on HH does not update Outlook. AppLog in EventViewer reports EventID:20216 with detail of "{ username @ domain.org} Synchronize() failed: ERR_FAIL, Tag=986". 

2) Deleting email in Outlook updates and removes email from HH, but deleting email in HH does not remove email from Outlook. Cannot determine specific EventID associated with this issue.

3) Other EventID errors in AppLog appear but cannot determine cause of effect: EventID:20452, with detail of " {usename @ domain.ORG} Could not Update Folder State. TagId=4661"

Attempted Resolution:

I have verified bidirectional in BPS. I have verified wireless sync on. Not sure where else to go with this. I have reviewed MANY threads on similar issues with calendar and email, but cannot determine cause or remedy. I apologize if this thread is redundant from earlier, previously answered ones.

As always, your direction is valued and appreciated.

Randall A. Mitchell

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS throws AppLog event error msgs

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO

The article discusses BES, not BPS, but in previous correspondence it seems the two apps are very similar and behave in similar fashion.

The Blackberry services were set to run under and account that ws in fact a DomAdmin. I have demoted that user to DomUsers and removed DomAdmin. I have restarted all services under the new security. One service however, "Blackberry Database Consistency Service" is set as disabled. Before I check to see if the calendar sync is functioanl, should this service be activated?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO

Also, in checking AppLog during the restarting of the services, EventID 45058, Source: "Blackberry Messaging Agent [SERVER] Agent 1" was thrown with detail of: "{StartNotifyThreadServer}: DBNS component not installed." Is this something I inadvertently overlooked during setup?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

They are very similar.

Blackberry Database Consistency Service Is for MDS integration services. If you're not using that, then the service is disabled.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05176&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

You can read more on DBNS here, but most never use it on small systems.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB12915&sliceId=&command=show&forward=nonthre...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO

Removing the logon service account from DomAdm of course worked to allow calendar appts made on the HH to update Outlook - thank you.

Any recommendations on deleting of emails? In the HH, is an email is OPENED AND READ, the email in Outlook properly reflects the email was opened when it reconciles. If, however, an email is DELETED in the HH, it does not delete in Outlook. This behaviors occurs whether the email in Outlook had been previously opened or left unread.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

This will explain alot about reconcile

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04863&slic...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO

KB04863 appears to speak specifically about "permanently" deleting emails in Outlook while those same emails remain in the HH.

In the BPS Administration Guide, I also found this which speaks to the same issue of "permanently" deleting items:

Users can permanently delete email messages from the email application on their computers by pressing SHIFT+DELETE. If
you want to remove permanently deleted email messages from users' BlackBerry® devices, you can turn on reconciliation
for these messages. This feature also deletes from BlackBerry devices any email messages that users move into personal
folders or archive in the email application on their computers.

1. In the BlackBerry Manager, click the Home tab.
2. Click Edit Server Properties.
3. In the left pane, click Messaging.
4. In the Messaging Options section, in the Hard Deletes Reconciliation drop-down list, click True.
5. Click OK.
6. On the server that hosts the BlackBerry® Professional Software, in the Microsoft® Windows® Services, restart the
BlackBerry Dispatcher.

I have read and verified settings in both of these cases as addressed by the KB article and the Admin Guide. Neiter of these is the issue I need to resolve. The issue is not from Outlook --> HH, but from HH --> Outlook. Deleting an email in the HH does not delete the same item in Outlook.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Does it delete after 20 minutes?

Are you using cached mode in Outlook?

Please use plain text.