Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
stelo8
My Device: Not Specified

BPS truncates long calendar entries?

Hey!

Sorry if this one's a newbie post.  I've recently installed the BPS for a number of our clients and one in particular is using calendar entries for stuff like trip plans (travel itineraries from the airlines) for the day of travel. 

The client will put the full information in his outlook (2003) calendar and then it will sync wirelessly but it cuts off the entry about 3/4 of the way down...  definitely upsetting if you only find this out at the airport and the truncated part has your trip home!

Is this something normal in the BPS?  I've read about the BES limiting the fields in the calendar to about 4k or so but I can't find anything about the BPS doing the same.. (although logically, one is a distillation of the other - it goes to figure they'd be the same).

Is there any way to increase the amount of data per calendar entry?  Currently, the client has gone back to USB sync - which works fine - but defeats the purpose.  I know that we're all worried about data storage limits and bandwith being taken up by multiple berries doing the same thing but this is a small orgination (4 berries) and that's not really an issue here. 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS truncates long calendar entries?

I have had this issue as well on BES. IIRC it can not be changed either.

I tell the user to copy and paste only the info they need into the notes field.

Some use a folder to keep all the travel emails in.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stelo8
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BPS truncates long calendar entries?

Thanks for the reply! 

You'd have to know this user..  he believes in as few keystrokes as possible to get the job done.  That means he has stopped using BPS for the most part and wants to only sync wired for his contacts and calendar...

Anyone know of anything that might help?  Registry entries?  Anything?  I understand the need to keep network traffic in check, but there should be a way to increase the size of an entry in a field in the calendar...  right?  When you hardwire the sync, there aren't any limits...  any way to trick it into thinking it's hardwired when it's not?

Thanks to all the readers!

Please use plain text.