Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

BPS will not send activation password

I am activating the 5th Balckberry - or attemtping to I should say. On the Blackberry Manager, I right click the User and select "Set Activation Password" like I have done on all the others. I then go to the phone (8330) and under Options>AdvancedOptions>EnterpriseActivation I enter the email address and the the password I have set. and wait.. and wait. I opened our email tracking and cna see email flow from all others, but not this one. I then went to the Blackberry Manager and attempted "Send Message" by email. I checked the users internal email account and nothing. I did the same process on my personal account (From Blackberry Manager sent an email) and the email came through to my email account. I next stopped and restarted Blackberry services and retried - nothing. I then deleted the user and retried - nothing. For some reason, Blackberry Manager will not send a message to this user. I went to a web based email account I have (GoDaddy) and sent the user an email - and confirmed the email was received. THe issue seems to be limited to the BlackBerry Manager...

of course this has to the be CEO's blackberry that is failing...

ideas? comments?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO

Re: BPS will not send activation password

next odd thing, when looking at my Blackberry Manager "home" page - it shows "5" users. I checked hte licensing information adn although I was to have six (6) licenses, it does show five "used". I went to the "users" tab and deleted the user and selected to delete the blackberry info as well. I went back to the home page, it is still showed five users. I checked the licensing info and it also still shows 5 users...

how I do I find out which users Blackberry Manager thinks I have?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO

more info.. I just went to my AD and verified that the user's primary email is set on SMTP... just like all the others.  any help is apprecated!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

member of any protected accounts like administrator or domain admin?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Randy_PSO

initially yes hte CEO was art of DomainAdmins, but I had removed her and set the primary group as DomainUsers.

found the issue.. the CEO had her email forwarded to the ExecAdmin as set through Exchange. The encryption email was being forwarded prior to getting to her mailbox. I removed forwarding, and hte HH is now synchronizing.

Thanks knotty - again!

Randall

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to help out again.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.